Friday 13 April 2012

A very different spring greenhouse

I'm usually busy preparing the greenhouse for tomatoes, chillies and cucumbers at this time of year; scrubbing the walls, switching out the old soil, laying the watering system etc.

This year though things are a little different.


As I've mentioned before, I made the most of a mild autumn/winter and bought loads of cheap tulip bulbs that were on sale, some of which I planted in the greenhouse. Just for fun. :)

I even planted some funky-ish patterns...

And while waiting for them to flower, I also chucked a few salad seeds about for some early harvests.

'Funky' tulip pattern, with lots of rocket in the foreground

Spinach/lettuce/tulip checkerboard


Spinach (for use as 'baby' in salads)


Mixed cut 'n' come again lettuce






No comments:

Post a Comment