Thursday 21 April 2011

Lettuces, visitors, chillies and nice neat rows of veg

Been out to take a few photos of the stuff that's growing at the moment. Found lots of rocket and mixed salad leaves, and the carrots and stir fry veg I sowed the other week have turned up in nice neat rows. I do like nice neat rows :)

Mixed salad leaves - spicy & spicy oriental.

Lots of rocket (we like rocket), and other mixed salad leaves.
Check out the cheeky pak choi on the left.

Neat rows :)
Beetroot, Radishes, Stir fry veg, spinach, turnips & carrots.
Behind that are a mix of different onions (spring, red, garlic, leek & chives).

It wasn't until I was right up close, taking these pickies, that I saw this little fella...!!! Grrrrr.


Apart from all this activity outdoors, there's plenty going on in the greenhouse now. With Easter this weekend, the pressure was on to get the house looking purdy. So all (well almost all of) the chilies, and the cucumbers, have now moved down to the greenhouse. I upped the temp on the fan heater just to be on the safe side from 5oC to 12oC. And they seem fine with that, so far...



Lots of funny looking little square Purple Tiger chillies.

Aji Colorado.

The Serrano is almost buckling under the
weight of all the chillies!

Hot Paper Lantern.
And here's a few pickies of the plants still indoors. I didn't want to risk losing all the plants, so I kept four behind as a back-up.
The Thai chillies should be ready to eat soon :)

Short, stout Spanish peppers.

Really pointy Ring of Fire chillies.
Turned into quite a long blog post, sorry about that. But I don't always have time to blog - it takes a while. So I've saved up a bunch of stuff this time. Will try to blog more often with shorter entries.

Thanks for reading and Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. Your greenhouse is lovely, I love the pretty stonework. And your plants seem to be thriving, I love vegetable gardens. So useful, and not just pretty, yours is both. xxx tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, thanks for visiting my blog. Your plants are coming up well. I particularly like the little seating area in the middle of your greenhouse, gives it interest and suppose it comes in handy too! Kelli, Northern Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, your greenhouse looks wonderful and your chilies amazzzzing. What an absolutely gorgeous Easter holiday! I have never ever had such a wonderful weekend. But my body needs to rest now after too much gardening!...just kidding, I want more!

    ReplyDelete